When are classes for the next semester put up?
For Fall semester, most classes are put up in mid-August. For Spring semester, most classes are put up in mid-January.
When can I start applying to DeCals? When are applications due?
Application deadlines are dependent on the DeCal course. Make sure you read the “How to Enroll” section of your desired DeCal.
Can I take DeCals for a grade?
No, all courses are P/NP.
How can I create a DeCal?
See our “Facilitator” tab! There are five steps:
- Develop a Syllabus
- Find a Faculty Sponsor: a lecturer not a GSI
- To ensure that the course is in the department
- Approving the course syllabus
- supervising/mentoring students
- Complete the Course Proposal Form (CPF)
- Attend a Workshop Offered Through the Student Learning Center (SLC)
- Turn in CPF to your Department and Academic Senate
See our Facilitator FAQs for more details.
How to Submit a Class to the DeCal Website
- Login into the DeCal Website.
- Click on 'Dashboard' on the upper right hand corner of the website.
- Click on the yellow 'Submit a Course for Approval' button.
- Follow the steps until completion of form.
- After submission, you should receive a confirmation email.
- Check your email for any status changes.
- You may go back and make edits to all course information, expect the Course Name, so make sure that it is correct in the beginning.
- Please check your email if your course is rejected and make edits according to comments. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
- Select the correct semester: Spring 2019
- Upload both the CPF and Syllabus
- CPF must be complete: meaning ALL the signatures are completed, the units form is uploaded, etc.
Where can I ask questions regarding…
- How to Facilitate: https://decal.berkeley.edu/facilitate/how-to-facilitate
- Workshops: https://slc.berkeley.edu/ucftr/
- Deadlines: https://slc.berkeley.edu/startup-workshops
- Resources: https://slc.berkeley.edu/resources
- FAQ: https://slc.berkeley.edu/faq-2
- Other: ask on the DeCal 101 Piazza or drop in to our office hours @ 312C Eshleman Hall