The Nutrition and well-being in college decal will teach students about basic nutrition and inform them about resources on campus that can help with their nutrition goals and needs. This course aims to provide students with basic nutrition education and the role that food choices play in leading a healthy lifestyle. It will also specifically focus on the importance of nutrition and a healthy diet for a college student.
After taking this course, students will:
- Gain more knowledge about nutrition and a healthy diet
- Learn tips on how to eat healthy in a dining hall and apartment
- Become more aware of resources that can help with food insecurity or nutrition concerns
- Be able to apply the concepts learned in class to time in college and beyond
There are no prerequisites for this course. Students of all majors, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome to take our course.
This class is synchronous. Readings and assignments will be assigned one week before they are due. Quizzes are given to test understanding of material on bCourses. There is one hour of lecture and two hours of reading and homework every week. There is one final project that students will be doing at the end of the course. Attendance is mandatory, but please let the facilitator know if you are not able to come to class.
You will earn a Pass if you:
1. Attend all lectures
- 2 unexcused absences allowed
- Email us in advance to excuse an absence
2. Participate and complete the assignments
3. Complete the final project and presentation
- You must complete the final project and presentation to pass this class, no exceptions
4. Earn the minimum 70% to pass
No day(s) left until application deadline!
|Section 1||__||__||228 Dwinelle||[Th] 4:00PM-5:00PM||2/2/2023||Full||--||--|