Why does society dictate that you peak at midlife and then decline into lonely, old age? How can we design technologies that can be of greater utility for older adults? In this class, we will tackle these questions together!
We will discuss and explore ageism and the digital age barrier in our society. We will talk about how technology can either bridge or divide the generational gap and ideate solutions using the human centered design process.
Upper Div: 38737
• 1 hour/week of class lecture and discussion
• 2 hour/week of tutoring an older adult at our partner community center (Saturday mornings 10-12 pm)
Number of units:
• 2 units
• Weekly homework (30%)
• Final Presentation/Project (20%)
All students must complete the final project to pass
• Attendance/Participation in Class (20%)
If you miss more than 2 classes without a valid excuse, you will not pass.
• Attendance of Tutoring Session (30%)
If you miss one tutoring session without a valid excuse a week in advance, you will not pass.
|Breaking the Digital Age Barrier||Dylan Casares, Adelina Ciacchella, Ashly Giron, Shelley Liang||15||229 Dwinelle||[W] 6:00PM-7:00PM||01/31/18||