You will learn:
- Taiwanese consonants, vowels and tones through a phonetic system
- Basic vocabulary and grammatical structure for conversations
- Slangs and sayings
- Taiwanese culture including traditions, food, and holidays
- Movies and videos will be shown with other complementary material to enhance the learning experience.
*Instructors may adjust class syllabus to students' interests
- Students must have a reader (purchased in class)
- Participation, attendance (maximum 2 absences, excused or unexcused. 2 tardies count as an absence. )
- Quizzes (don't fret, they won't be hard!)
- Cultural presentation and Final presentation
*For 2 units, you will have to make a cultural presentation.
Taiwanese DeCal Interns
Are you already familiar with the Taiwanese language? Apply to be an intern! Speak with the facilitators for more information.
|MW Beginner||Helena Chang, Vivian Hsieh||30||120 Wheeler||[M, W] 5:00PM-6:30PM||1/24/2018, Wednesday||Full||--||--|
|TTh Beginner||Helena Chang, Vivian Hsieh||30||104 Wheeler||[Tu, Th] 6:00PM-7:00PM||1/25/2018, Thursday||Full||--||--|
|MW Intermediate||Helena Chang, Vivian Hsieh||30||251 Dwinelle||[M, W] 5:00PM-6:30PM||1/24/2018, Wednesday||Open||--||--|