We teach start-up intelligence. Our curriculum consists of guest speakers from top entrepreneurs and investors in Bay area and also hands-on assignments and projects to help students build their portfolio. By the end of our course, students will be able to:
• Learn the fundamentals of starting a new venture.
• Identify, define, and characterize problems
• Spot opportunities for innovation
• Segment and analyze opportunities
• Evaluate and choose innovation diffusion pathways
• Evaluate and choose models of new ventures
• Conduct customer and market research both qualitatively and quantitatively
• Design customer journey
• Establish foundation of product development
• Evaluate and choose market strategy
• Develop an in depth understanding of your customer
• Identify and quantify sources of value
• Map and influence customer decision making process
As a result, this course will prepare students for starting up their own company or joining an early-stage start-up. However, students can enroll in the course even if they aren’t planning on starting up. Lots of concepts and skills about entrepreneurship are highly transferable to other aspects of career development.
Open to all majors. No requisite requirements.
Our DeCal course, INDENG 198, is under an organization called Decode. Decode, formally known as BSCF, is a tech forum run by Berkeley and Stanford students. We renamed BSCF to Decode in order to face a larger global audience. Every year, we will organize tech & entrepreneurship forum for students and young professionals across the globe. Over the course of years, we have attracted 3,000+ audiences around the world, with speakers including Eric Yuan (Founder & CEO, Zoom), Michael Siebel (Y Combinator, former CEO), Jon McNeil (Lyft, COO), Steve Jurvetson (Tesla, Space X, Board Member), Astro Teller (Google X, CEO), Wei-Ying Ma (ByteDance, Vice President), and many others.
To learn more about Decode:
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrNM6V197nXEXXRBHq58CmA
SP20 class website for reference: http://svstartupdecode.com/sp20/
In TOTAL: 12 weeks
Class time: weekly Thursday 6:30-8:30 PM PDT via Zoom (remote)
INFO SESSION: August 26th, 2021 6-7 PM PDT Virtual
Zoom Link: https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/92609608245?pwd=eFNhNHRDMmVLVTZGaUp6ZVMxTURUQT09
[ Meeting ID ]: 926 0960 8245
[ Passcode ]: 690262
***This course counts towards the Sutardja Certificate in Technology and Entrepreneurship. Additional information: https://scet.berkeley.edu/certificate-in-entrepreneurship-and-technology**
No day(s) left until application deadline!
|Section 1||Serena Zhang, Aamir Khan, Ryo Weng, Jin Wu, Siri Phaneendra||__||Zoom||[Th] 6:30PM-8:30PM||09/02/2021||Full||--||--|