Sex: 101 Topics in Sexual Health:
This course is about sex (shocker)! Sex can be a vastly broad topic and the goal of this course is not only to inform you about various issues and topics in sexuality and identities, but to provide a safe place for discussion, tolerance, and understanding. Our primary goal is to interact, learn from, and understand each other coming from various backgrounds and having different sexual preferences, ideas, and influences. Our secondary goal is to discuss various sexual topics starting with the basics including anatomy, STI’s, and safer sex, birth control, BDSM/kink, and other wide arrays of topics surrounding the sexual human body.
The course starts Feb. 3rd!
• Class participation is a major part of your grade, therefore, attendance is mandatory.
• You are expected to attend all class sessions and be on time.
• Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the class.
• Two absences are permitted throughout the semester. Three or more absences will result in a failing grade. If more absences are needed, contact the facilitators to see what sort of remedial work you need to complete in order to pass the class.
1. NCW (National Condom Week) participation. Could include:
-Students visiting the SHEP table and take a picture to prove that they were there.
-*Helping other sexperts table the event-however, this is not required.
2. Creative Sexploration
-Students will create a representation of their sexuality/desires and present to the class.
3. Cumulative projects
-Students will present a topic of their choice regarding sexual health.
-Must be a new topic or an expansion of material covered in class. If it the topic was not covered in class, the student must email the Co-facilitators to get approval.
4. Sexpert Education Clinic Visit
-Students will use the online eTang portal to schedule a meeting at the Sexpert Education Clinic at any point during the semester.
-Students will be required to write a blog about their visit. This does not have to include personal information, just the name of the sexpert they spoke with.
|017||Meera & Ryann||30||Barrows 175||[M] 6:00PM-8:00PM||2/03/20||Open||10712||--|