Silicon Valley is the hub of tech innovation and influential startups. As UC Berkeley students, backed by a rigorous curriculum and surrounded by top resources, we have endless opportunities to build the next big thing. But you may ask a question: how to build a successful company?
Decode Silicon Valley Startup Success examine the startup process by breaking it down to 12 aspects. Each class contains a speaker session where we invite top entrepreneurs and investors in Bay area to share with us their insight into the specific aspect of the startup process. We also work on a semester-long project, where student develop a comprehensive startup idea in small group. The course will teach students the necessary skills to start their own companies or to join an early stage startups. Besides, the entrepreneurial skills that students learn in this course is highly transferrable to other aspects of career development. By the end of our course, students will be able to:
* Learn the fundamentals of starting a new venture.
* Identify, define, and characterize problems
* Spot opportunities for innovation
* Segment and analyze opportunities
* Evaluate and choose innovation diffusion pathways
* Evaluate and choose models of new ventures
* Conduct customer and market research both qualitatively and quantitatively
* Design customer journey
* Establish foundation of product development
* Evaluate and choose market strategy
* Develop an in-depth understanding of your customer
* Identify and quantify sources of value
* Map and influence customer decision making process
The course is taken in P/NP. Attendance is mandatory and anyone who miss more than two lectures will automatically fail the class. Weekly Assignment, Semester project, and Final is each 30% of the total grade while attendance is 10%. Student need a final grade of 70% to receive a P in this class.
No day(s) left until application deadline!
|SV Startup Success||__||__||Wheeler 102||[W] 6:00PM-8:00PM||2/6/2019||Open||--||--|