This decal is a course on a variety of healing sciences and medical practices, encompassing specific fields of healthcare and medicine from all over the world as well as from fields expanding in the United States. We invite doctors and professionals from practices such as allopathy (modern western medicine), osteopathy, naturopathy, homeopathy, midwifery, acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Ayurveda, ethnobotany, yoga, meditation, psychiatry, chiropractic, and many others to guest speak and share their insight and knowledge in the healing arts of medicine across cultures. Each lecture will consist of a different medical practitioner teaching his/her field of study.
Requirements for passing class:
1. Attend all lectures (maximum of 2 absences allowed)
2. Attend 1 small group meeting throughout the entire semester (Note: NOT one every week, one during the whole semester)
3. Attend 2 workshops outside of class that are related to integrative medicine (ex. watch a documentary, attend a yoga class, try meditation, etc)
4. Write a midterm reflection paper about your experience in the class thus far.
5. Write a final reflection of the course (4-5 pg, double-spaced)
**Note: A tentative schedule of our topics/speakers and details of the course requirements can be found in the syllabus. This is subject to change depending on speaker availability.
|Integrative Medicine||Amanda Hiraishi and Diana Raileanu||__||159 Mulford||[M] 6:30PM-8:00PM||1/29/2018||Full||--||0|